Monday, January 05, 2009

New Motivation Ideas

So with every new year, you read articles about how to stick to a new plan, or you see postings at the gym enticing old and new members to join the latest trend that will ensure they stick to their workout resolutions this year...

Well this year I am trying to come up with my own....

1. The more time I spend trying to understand what Marcus does to prepare for his fights, the more it makes me want to become a UFC Fighter myself... okay, kidding, but the discipline it takes to be in that type of shape is inspiring... so Motivation Idea #1 is to take a boxing/kickboxing class again after many many years being away that type of workout... Does anyone remember Boxer Joey DeGrandis from Boston? I took a class with him at the Boston Athletic Club for about 9 months and I was in sick shape then... I LOVED that stuff!!!

2&3. As I wrap up this project and am quickly reminded of two more Motivational Ideas #2 & #3 - The 4mo of gym fees gone to waste and the exercise Carter has been robbed of. When I get back to Boulder in a month, my gym will be happy to see me every day again and Carter will be happy to be reaquainted with his leash.

4. Last but not least, my favorite number 4, so this has to be a good one... Motivation Idea #4 is travel, this seems like a good year to visit friends I haven't seen in a while and find races near them to have motivation to keep in shape and see special friends at the same time... Running and Triathlons have always given me a reason to continue my jet setting, so now I'm pairing it up with dear friends.... perfect mixture!!

Would love to hear what your Motivation Ideas are for 2009!!

Cheers

Joni

No comments: