Monday, January 19, 2009

Cheers to Someone I Love to Pieces...



This weekend I was reminded of what it means to have a dream and to continue to strive towards it no matter what it takes or how long.

Marcus has been pushing himself for years to reach a level higher each time he steps into the octagon (formerly ring), and continues to find the next hardest fight/challenge and takes his fitness to the next level (which if you know how fit Marcus is, seems impossible to do...)

He has an incredible means for discipline, all the way from his routine, eating habits and most importantly the daily sacrafices he makes to get there. I wish I had an ounce of his discipline.

He has renewed my spirit at a time when I have let a current work situation take away something very important to me, and that I have allowed to be an excuse for the past few months, as always Marcus finds a way to impact my life positively, without even knowing... well okay I make sure I tell him!!

I love you to pieces MPD!!

I often get so wrapped up in my own sport that I forget to look oustide of it for role models and for people to look up to or to use as inspiration. Luckily, I have someone like Marcus in my life that reminds me every 3 or 4 months that anything is possible!!

Now just hoping that Natalie and I can carry that with us into our challenge in 2009 to complete the Triple Bypass Bike Ride... I'll have to make sure the UFC schedules Marcus for another fight this spring, ha! ha!

No comments: